Friday, October 31, 2008

I believe that God meets us in His Word

Not following any devotional material lately, I decided to pick up Psalms to read. Psalms because my soul feels weary and parched dry, and I don't know where to draw nourishment from. Not knowing where to start either, I decided to pick up the psalm that has the same number as the date of the day. I think I started around the 20-something, and the precise contents of the Psalms addresses the concerns of the moment. It was wonderful.

Yesterday was one of those particularly not so good days. I read Psalm 30.

"weeping may remain for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

Times are bad, but weeping shall not remain for long, rejoice and praise the Lord at all times.

"Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me; LORD, be my help." I continue to plead with our God.

No comments: