Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Musicians' Karaoke

I've never really got on to the karaoke craze. Guess it's because I'm not into singing. However, I've recently found a musicians' version of karaoke in the form of a game -- Guitar Hero World Tour.

You can play as an entire band. There's option to play as Singer/ Drummer/ Electric Guitarist/ Bassist. That is, if you have the appropriate gears (controllers). We only have the guitar...so can only play as guitarist or bassist.

The songs are very nice...at least you would have heard of them before, unlike the previous GH series. It's super-fun. I feel like a rockstar, especially when I stand up and play and bop my head or mimic the player's movements on screen.

It gets a little boring on the Easy mode, but the Medium mode is too difficult for me. It gets quite irritating, if all you can do is listen to a small portion of the song and repeatedly too, 'cuz can't advance in the game. So, I've opted to play as a bassist. It's got less notes to play.

I recommend this game to all budding musicians and wannabes. Especially for drummers, i think it is the most realistic. If only I got the drum thingy.

No comments: