Friday, February 12, 2010

Bittersweet endings

My boss' last day today. I feel kinda bittersweet. Though for a really long time, I've avoided deep conversations and lunches with him. I must say, he has been a very kind boss to me. And in his closing speech, he's right, what really counts, is the relationships in the organisations. And I think he lived up to what he believed.

Other than he's work quirks and sometimes irritating comments, he has been more than a good boss on a personal basis, making it to my wedding, my dad's funeral, and genuinely showing concern for my well-being. Of course, he's also the one who gave me the opportunity to work where I am now, and has given me the opportunity to learn from him.

The sadness comes from knowing that one chapter of life has closed, and who knows what the next holds. New boss may have his/ her good and bad points. The happiness is from knowing that he is moving on to better and greater things with and for God. And that he's moving on joyfully, not with regrets or worries. It is something to rejoice about to be able to retire in this manner.

May God bless boss and his family each step of their way.

No comments: